The following C declarations and statements are recognized:
- Defines are changed into Pascal constants if they are simple defines. Macros are
changed - wherever possible - to functions; however the arguments are all integers, so
these must be changed manually. Simple expressions in define staments are recognized,
as are most arithmetic operators: addition, substraction, multiplication, division, logical
operators, comparison operators, shift operators. The C construct ( A ? B : C) is also
recognized and translated to a Pascal construct with an IF statement. (This is buggy,
- The conditional preprocessing commands are recognized and
translated into equivalent Pascal compiler directives. The special
is also recognized and removed.
- A typedef statement is changed into a Pascal type statement. The following basic types
- char changed to char.
- float changed to real (=double in Free Pascal).
- int changed to longint.
- long changed to longint.
- long int changed to longint.
- short changed to integer.
- unsigned changed to cardinal.
- unsigned char changed to byte.
- unsigned int changed to cardinal.
- unsigned long int changed to cardinal.
- unsigned short changed to word.
- void ignored.
These types are also changed if they appear in the arguments of a function or
functions and procedures
- Functions and procedures are translated as well. Pointer types may
be changed to call by reference arguments (using the var argument) by using the -p
command line argument. Functions that have a variable number of arguments are
changed to a function with a cvar modifier. (This used to be the array of const
- The extern specifier is recognized; however it is ignored. The packed specifier is also
recognised and changed with the PACKRECORDS directive. The const specifier is also
recognized, but is ignored.
- If the -w option is specified, then the following modifiers are recognized:
as defined in the win32 headers. If additionally the -x option is specified then
specifier is also recognized.
- Enum constructs are changed into enumeration types. Bear in mind that, in C,
enumeration types can have values assigned to them. Free Pascal also allows this to a certain
degree. If you know that values are assigned to enums, it is best to use the -e option to
change the enumerations to a series of integer constants.
- Unions are changed to variant records.
- Structs are changed to Pascal records, with C packing.