The ”Tools” menu defines some standard tools. If new tools are defined by the user, they are
appended to this menu as well.
- (F11) Shows the messages window. This window contains the output from one
of the tools. For more information, see section 6.10.1, page 236.
- (Alt-F8) Goes to the next message.
- (Alt-F7) Goes to the previous message
- (SHIFT-F2) Prompts for a regular expression and options to be given to grep, and
then executes grep with the given expression and options. For this to work, the grep
program must be installed on the system, and be in a directory that is in the PATH.
For more information, see section 6.10.2, page 239.
- Displays the calculator. For more information, see section 6.10.4, page 244.
- Displays the ASCII table. For more information, see section 6.10.3, page 240.